10.6 C
New York
Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Buy now

spot_img

Man accused in downtown Boulder stabbing has case dismissed – Boulder Daily Camera

A man who was accused of stabbing another man in downtown Boulder in August had his case dismissed.

Devin Chrysafis, 27, was initially charged with first-degree assault and criminal mischief under $300. He pled not guilty to those charges in September and was set to start trial Monday.

But Boulder County District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Shannon Carbone said there is no longer a record of the case against Chrysaifs.

This indicates the case was dismissed and then later sealed by a judge.

Because the record of the case is unavailable, the reason for the dismissal was not available.

Chrysafis does have a separate misdemeanor menacing case in Boulder County that is ongoing.

On Aug. 10, police were dispatched to 13th Street and Canyon Boulevard to investigate a stabbing. Upon arrival, officers came into contact with a man who had a stab wound and was lying on his back on the sidewalk.

While investigating on Aug. 11, police were approached by a witness who stated she had seen Chrysafis washing blood off his hands earlier in the morning. When interviewed by police, Chrysafis said that he heard someone scream but did not know what happened or who did it. Police then took a picture of Chrysafis and showed it to the victim in a photo line-up who immediately identified him as the the person who stabbed him.

Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles