Despite High temperature forecasts continue in Mexico, the north of the country will suffer snowfall and sleet the afternoon and evening of this Sunday, February 11, as well as in the early hours of Monday the 12th, This is mainly due to the seventh winter storm of the season, as well as Cold Front 34.
The Meteorological Service of the National Water Commission (Conagua) inreported that the seventh winter storm is moving mainly to the southern United States; however, will be responsible for the fall of snow and sleet on the northern table of Mexico due to its proximity to the region.
Weather conditions are expected to continue throughout the week, and that certain states of the country have minimum temperatures of -10 degrees mostly in the mornings and at nights.
In parallel, other regions of the country They receive maximum temperatures of between 30 and 40 degrees due to the anticyclonic circulation at medium levels of the atmosphere, so there is a forecast that 17 states will have hot afternoons and with low rain forecasts.
Which states expect snowfall and low temperatures?
According to Conagua’s forecast, The states that expect snowfall or falling snow or sleet are Sonora and Chihuahua. The Affectations will occur mainly during the mornings and in high areas.
Besides, Coahuila will have freezing rainswhich occur when they begin to fall from the clouds in the form of snow and when they reach the ground they have already changed their state to liquid, being cold water.
The states that wait temperatures between -10 to 5 degrees this week they are:
- Minimum temperatures of -10 to -5 degrees with frost: Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua and Durango.
- Minimum temperatures of -5 to 0 degrees with frost: Coahuila, Nuevo León, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Guanajuato, Michoacán, Hidalgo, State of Mexico, Morelos, Tlaxcala, Puebla and Veracruz.
- Minimum temperatures from 0 to 5 degrees: Tamaulipas, Querétaro, Mexico City, Oaxaca and Chiapas.
How will Mexico fare in the heat this week?
The high temperatures begin to manifest with more and more presence and A hot year is expected, since Conagua indicated that up to eight environmental contingencies are possible in the Valley of Mexico, a figure higher than that of recent years.
For this week, More than a dozen states are expected to register temperatures between 30 and 40 degreesthis being the forecast:
- Maximum temperatures of 35 to 40 degrees: Michoacán, Guerrero, Morelos and Chiapas (south).
- Maximum temperatures of 30 to 35 degrees: Jalisco, Colima, Puebla (southwest), Oaxaca (coast), Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.