A series of Violent events in Zacatecas involved the family of Ricardo Monreal, senator and coordinator of Morena in the Upper House. The case He opened the controversy about his family’s influence on the entity and in Mexican politics.
Juan Pérez Guardado died as a result of the attacksbrother-in-law of the senator, on Wednesday, February 7, as well as Jorge Antonio Monreal, nephew of the Morenistalast Saturday, February 10.
Journalist Raymundo Riva Palacio explained in his column for The financial this Monday, February 12 that Ricardo Monreal’s family is, in Zacatecas, the closest thing to a “dynasty”, this due to the political influence that they have, in addition to the fact that there are relatives in the governments of Aguascalientes and Sinaloa.
Although the murders were direct to Monreal’s two relatives, Riva Palacio explained that there is no reason to think about a vendetta against the family of the senator and his brother, David Monreal, who is the governor of Zacatecas.
The reason for the escalation of violence could be, according to experts, coming from the fight between the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) and the faction of the Sinaloa Cartel led by Ismael ‘El Mayo’ Zambada, who little by little it has taken away the power in the entity from the criminal organization led by Nemesio Oseguerea ‘El Mencho’.
The influence of the Monreal in Zacatecas has existed since the eighties, and although outside the entity it is not possible to measure its scope, If it is true that Ricardo Monreal Ávila is one of the most powerful men in the Senateand his influence was enough for him to seek the candidacy for the Presidency representing Morena and allies, although he came in fifth place in the survey.
Monreal has 13 siblingsand nine of them are involved in politics.
Who are Ricardo Monreal’s brothers involved in politics?
With Ricardo Monreal, there are 10 of 14 brothers who have been part of politics for years and at different levels.
Although for years Ricardo and David Monreal are the most prominentthere are some who They already have an important track record.
Below is a brief summary of the positions that the Monreal Ávila have held:
- Ricardo Monreal: Current senator and coordinator of the Morena bench. He was previously mayor of Cuauhtémoc, deputy, as well as governor of Zacatecas from 1998 to 2004 and previously municipal president of Fresnillo.
- David Monreal: Current governor of Zacatecas. Before, he was coordinator in the Ministry of Agriculture, as well as a senator and also mayor of Fresnillo, this from 2007 to 2010.
- Saul Monreal: Current municipal president of Fresnillor, like his brothers, in addition to confirming his registration as a candidate for the Senate of the Republic this Monday, February 12. Previously he was a local deputy in Zacatecas in addition to being campaign coordinator for the PT and having had a previous mandate in Fresnillo.
- Rodolfo Monreal: Is general coordinator of Technological Development and Special Projects In Sinaloa. Previously he was Secretary of Social Development in Acapulco, Guerrero, as well as mayor of Fresnillo.
- Eulogio Monreal: Is passport director of the Ministry of Relations in Aguascalientes. With a more discreet political career, Eulogio Monreal was the state representative of Morena in Guanajuato for the vote defense training in 2018, in addition to being general coordinator for the transition process for the reception of delegations from the Federal Government in Aguascalientes. He was previously rector of the Polytechnic University of Aguascalientes.
- Susana Monreal: In 2021 it was reported that supposedly It is part of the Mexican Consulate in Texas, earning more than 6 thousand dollars a month. Although it is currently unknown if she continues in office, the Monreal sister has experience as a deputy, in addition to being an advisor in the Senate and in the Superior Court of Justice of the country’s capital, as well as director of economic information processing. . In Zacatecas she served as administrative coordinator in the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Luis Enrique Montreal: In accordance with Reformis director of the civil association Amigos LEMAIn addition, he is the husband of Verónica del Carmen Díaz, delegate of the Welfare Secretariat in Zacatecas.
- Maria del Refugio Monreal: Was Secretary member in the tenth executive board of the INE in Mexico City.
- Ana María Monreal: Is Director of Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Zacatecas. She was previously part of the same agency as director of health regulation and promotion.
- Leticia Monreal: Is head of benefits at the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) from Zacatecas.
With information from Reforma and EFE.