TINLEY PARK, Ill. — A woman was seriously injured on Monday afternoon after a fire broke out at a senior living facility in Tinley Park.
According to Village Manager Patrick Carr, the fire broke out in a unit at Hanover Place, a senior living facility in the 16000 block of South Harlem Avenue.
SkyCam9 was over the scene around 6 p.m. when several emergency vehicles could be seen and crews were spotted walking around the facility, but no smoke or flames were visible.
Carr said the blaze broke out in a first-floor unit and the woman who lives inside suffered burns.
She was later transported to the hospital in serious condition.
While the blaze was contained to a single unit, officials said three other units were deemed uninhabitable due to water damage.
Currently, it is unclear what may have sparked the fire.