8.8 C
New York
Sunday, March 3, 2024

Woman seriously injured in fire at Tinley Park senior living facility

TINLEY PARK, Ill. — A woman was seriously injured on Monday afternoon after a fire broke out at a senior living facility in Tinley Park.

According to Village Manager Patrick Carr, the fire broke out in a unit at Hanover Place, a senior living facility in the 16000 block of South Harlem Avenue.

SkyCam9 was over the scene around 6 p.m. when several emergency vehicles could be seen and crews were spotted walking around the facility, but no smoke or flames were visible.

Carr said the blaze broke out in a first-floor unit and the woman who lives inside suffered burns.

She was later transported to the hospital in serious condition.

While the blaze was contained to a single unit, officials said three other units were deemed uninhabitable due to water damage.

Currently, it is unclear what may have sparked the fire.

Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles