6.2 C
New York
Friday, March 1, 2024

Person suffers burns after fire in Lennox Road, Gravesend, caused by faulty dishwasher

Firefighters were called after a dishwasher caught alight and caused a person to suffer burns.

The blaze broke out in Lennox Road, Gravesend shortly before midday yesterday.

The blaze was caused accidentally by a faulty dishwasher. Picture: Stock imageThe blaze was caused accidentally by a faulty dishwasher. Picture: Stock image
The blaze was caused accidentally by a faulty dishwasher. Picture: Stock image

Two fire engines were sent to the property, with crews using a hose reel jet to put out the fire 10 minutes later.

One person was treated at the scene for minor burns.

The cause is believed to be accidental due to an electrical fault with the dishwasher.

Following the blaze, Kent Fire and Rescue is a urging people to take extra safety measures when using electrical appliances in their kitchen.

A spokesman explained: “Be careful not to overload your dishwasher – this can lead to overheating and leaks.

The fire took place in Lennox Road, Gravesend. Picture: GoogleThe fire took place in Lennox Road, Gravesend. Picture: Google
The fire took place in Lennox Road, Gravesend. Picture: Google

“Follow the manufacturer’s instructions about positioning and ventilation of the machine, [and] clean filters and other user serviceable parts to prevent blockages and wear.

“Never leave your dishwasher or other electrical appliances running overnight or while you’re out of the house.”

They say people should use the recommended tablets and powders to prolong the life of dishwashers, and add appliances should be registered so users can be notified if a product is ever recalled.

Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles